Installation – Infrastructure
Large area surfacing installation
Practical and hard wearing, Gecko synthetic grass is perfect for large surface areas. Our professional installers ensure that the product and installation of the product meets the specifications and requirements of your project.
1. Initial design options discussed with client include:
- Layout and drainage requirements
- Excavation required
- Base preparation to suit application eg. vehicle encroachment
2. Installation considerations
- Traffic management requirements
- Impact to local environment – noise, dust etc
- Layout of materials and in particular, synthetic grass to achieve maximum efficiency in material usage and work-time spent on site
- All safety aspects to ensure fellow workers are not exposed to any traffic risk
View case study on Cowra Shire Council
Installation – Landscaping
How our certified Gecko installers lay synthetic grass
In a climate where watering large expanses of lawn are a thing of the past, Gecko Grass provides a premium solution. Attractive and functional, pet friendly and perfect for pool areas this grass will ensure that your property remains green all year round. The sensible landscaping solution for large and small areas.
Area is marked out for excavation.
Step Two :
We excavate to a depth of 150mm leaving a slight fall for water run off.
Step Three :
The area is filled with approximately a 120mm depth of crushed rock and a 20mm layer of crushed dust.
Step Four :
Prepare base – level out, spray water over base and then compact with vibrating plate whacker. Make sure no stones are protruding above level surface. Keep base 20mm below original surface.
The Grass is laid in the same direction each time.
Cut off excess turf with a sharp knife. To ensure straight cuts, use the same row of yarn as your latex backing.
Fold back the seams of both rolls – keep clear of glue. Add adhesive glue to tape with notched trowel. Place one side of grass to middle of the tape, then the other to match up with the other piece. Mesh the fibre together with fingers or brush.
Infill into the synthetic pile with a specific silica sand (which doesn’t retain moisture), and rubber crumb granules.
With either a ‘stiff’, hard broom or power broom, sweep the infill into the synthetic grass.
Installation – Campsite Grass
How our certified Gecko installers lay synthetic campsite grass
We excavate the site to 100mm deep with a slight angle from the centre to each edge, allowing for drainage. The size of the excavated are varies depending on the size of the mat. Some excess dirt is retained to backfill (step 3b)
Step Two :
a) A timber frame is constructed by joining the four pieces with screws
b) The frame is laid within the excavated area and checked to ensure that it is square.
Step Three :
a) The frame is secured to the excavated surface by hammering the 300mm anchors through the holes provided b) The gaps surrounding the frame are firmly filled with the soil retained from step 1 so that the frame is securely in place.
Step Four :
a) Crushed rock is placed within the borders of the frame and spread evenly. This is compacted with a whacker. b) An additional 5mm of crusher dust is added and compacted with the whacker, level with the bottom section of the frame. See cross section (4c).
a) The grass is trimmed to the correct size of the area. b) The grass is fixed in position by nailing it to the frame using 20mm clouts at 300mm intervals. c) The area is finished by spreading 15mm of silica sand in-fill evenly through the grass. The sand is brushed in with a hard bristled broom until it is no longer visible.
Our Customers Websites
The following is an alphabetical list of customers who have engaged Gecko’s services for the installation of quality surfacing solutions for their project.
- Albert Park Primary School – Albert Park, Victoria
- Albert Street Primary School – Moe, Victoria
- Albion North Primary School – Sunshine North, Victoria
- Ashwood Primary School – Ashwood, Victoria
- East Gippsland Shire Council
- Baringa Special School – Moe, Victoria
- Baw Baw Shire Council – Warragul, Victoria
- Bayside City Council
- Beaumaris School – Beaumaris, Victoria
- Beechworth Primary School – Beechworth, Victoria
- Berinba Primary School – Yass, New South Wales
- Blessed John XXIII Parish Learning Community – Stanhope Gardens, New South Wales
- Boat Harbour Primary School – Boat Harbour, Tasmania
- Bringelly Public School – Bringelly, New South Wales
- Broken Hill High School – Broken Hill, New South Wales
- Cairnlea Park Primary School – Melbourne, Victoria
- Camden Public School – New South Wales
- Cardinia Shire Council – Casey, Victoria
- Carlton Gardens Primary School – Carlton, Victoria
- Christ the King Primary School – Newcomb, Victoria
- Coburns Primary School – Melton South, Victoria
- Cowra Shire Council – Cowra, New South Wales
- Croydon Hills Primary School – Croydon, Victoria
- Dandenong South Primary School – Dandenong South, Victoria
- Deer Park West Primary School – Deer Park West, Victoria
- Devonport City Council – Devonport, New South Wales
- Drouin Primary School – Drouin, Victoria
- Drouin Secondary College – Drouin, Victoria
- Drouin South Primary School – Drouin South, Victoria
- Drouin West Primary School – Drouin West, Victoria
- Ellinbank Primary School – Ellinbank, Victoria
- Findon Primary School – Mill Park, Victoria
- Furlong Park School – Sunshine North, Victoria
- Gecko Surfacing – Facebook Page
- Geelong Cats – AFL Football Club
- Gippsland Power Football Club
- Glen Eira City Council – Glen Eira, Victoria
- Glengala Primary School, Sunshine West, Victoria
- Glenorchy City Council – KG5 Oval, Tasmania
- Glory Kids Childcare Centre – Narre Warren, Victoria
- Good Samaritan Primary School, Roxburgh Park, Victoria
- Greater Geelong City Council – Geelong, Victoria
- Health and Fitness World Gymnasium – Launceston, Tasmania
- Holsworthy Public School – Holsworthy, New South Wales
- Hobart City Council – Hobart, Tasmania
- Holyname Primary School – Reservoir, Victoria
- Jerilderie Kinder – Jerilderie, New South Wales
- Jindivick Primary School – Jindivick, Victoria
- Keilor Primary School – Keilor, Victoria
- Keysborough Golf Club
- Kosiosko Street Primary School – Traralgon, Victoria
- Laburnum Primary School – Blackburn, Victoria
- Lardner Primary School – Lardner, Victoria
- Leighland Christian College – Ulverstone, Tasmania
- Lindisfarne Primary School – Lindisfarne, Tasmania
- Livingstone Primary School – Vermont South, Victoria
- Lumen Christi Primary School – Churchill, Victoria
- Lynbrook Primary School – Lynbrook, Victoria
- Lyndale Greens Primary School -Dandenong North, Victoria
- Mahogany Rise Primary School – Frankston North, Victoria
- Maribyrnong City Council – Victoria
- Marist Sion College – Warragul, Victoria
- Maroondah City Council – Ringwood, Victoria
- Mooroopna Primary School – Mooroopna, Victoria
- Melton Shire Council – Melton, Victoria
- Moe Early Learning Centre – Moe, Victoria
- Moonee Valley City Council – Victoria
- Moreland Primary School – Coburg, Victoria
- Mornington Park Primary School – Mornington, Victoria
- Mount Carmel Primary School – Yass, New South Wales
- Mount Eliza North Primary School – Mount Eliza, Victoria
- Mount Scopus Memorial College – Burwood, Victoria
- Mulgrave Country Club – Mulgrave, Victoria
- Muswellbrook Shire Council – New South Wales
- Nagle college – Bairnsdale, Victoria
- Nar Nar Goon Primary School – Nar Nar Goon, Victoria
- Neerim South Primary School – Neerim South, Victoria
- Newbridge Football Club – Newbridge, Victoria
- New Port Lakes Primary School – Newport Lakes, Victoria
- Nilma Primary School – Nilma, Victoria
- Oatlands Primary School – Narre Warren, Victoria
- Orbost Primary School – Orbost, Victoria
- Quest Apartments – Glen Waveley, Victoria
- PCYC Clarence – Tasmania
- Raymond Terrace – New South Wales
- Rosewood Downs Primary School – Dandenong North, Victoria
- Rowellyn Park Primary School – Carrum Downs, Victoria
- Rowville Primary School – Rowville, Victoria
- Sale Primary School – Sale, Victoria
- Sale Specialist School – Sale, Victoria
- Scotch College – Melbourne, Victoria
- Spotswood Primary School – Spotswood, Victoria
- St Aloysius Catholic College – Huntingfield, Tasmania
- St Aloysius Kindergarten – Kingston, Tasmania
- St Bede’s College – Mentone, Victoria
- St Helens Park Public School – St Helens Park, New South Wales
- St John’s Bosco – Niddrie, Victoria
- St John’s Orthodox – Preston, Victoria
- St Josephs Girls College – Altona, Victoria
- St Josephs Primary School – Leeton, New South Wales
- St Josephs Primary School – Numurkah, Victoria
- St Josephs Primary School – Orbost, Victoria
- St Josephs Primary School – Warragul, Victoria
- St Luke’s Primary School – Lalor, Victoria
- St Mary’s Primary School – East Malvern, Victoria
- St Mary’s Primary School – East Myrtlyford, Victoria
- St Mary’s Primary School – Sale, Victoria
- St Mary’s Primary School – Yarram, Victoria
- St Pauls Grammar School – Warragul, Victoria
- St Peter Chanel Primary School – Deer Park, Melbourne
- St Therese’s Primary School – Essendon, Victoria
- St Thomas More Primary School – Hadfield, Victoria
- Shelford Girls Grammar – Caulfield North, Victoria
- Shoalhaven Caravan Park – Nowra, New South Wales
- Silverton Primary School – Noble Park, Victoria
- Somerset Primary School – Howrah, Tasmania
- South Grampians Shire Council – Victoria
- Stawell Primary School – Stawell, Victoria
- Tamworth West Primary School – Tamworth, New South Wales
- The Currajong School – East Malvern, Victoria
- Timbarra P-9 College – Berwick, Victoria
- Toora Caravan Park – Toora, Victoria
- Trafalgar Primary School – Trafalgar, Victoria
- Trangie Central School – New South Wales
- Wallarano Primary School – Noble Park, Victoria
- Warragul Lifestyle Village – Warragul, Victoria
- Warragul North Primary School – Warragul North, Victoria
- Warragul Regional College – Warragul, Victoria
- Wellington Shire Council – Sale Netball Complex, Victoria
- Whitehorse City Council – Victoria
- Yarra Road Primary School – Croydon, Victoria
- Zeerust Primary School – Zeerust Victoria
- Yarra City Council – Victoria Park Football Oval, Victoria
To support our commitment to providing the very best quality, Gecko supplies and unsurpassed guarantee on it’s synthetic grass products of up to *10 years on both the product and installation.
*Disclaimer 10 year guarantee offered on Gecko Product
MSPRO®45 ‘Plush’ laid by an authorised Gecko Installer
In order to offer the unprecedented guarantees provided on their synthetic grass products, Gecko prides itself in it’s continuous “Installer” training program. This program brings to the classroom table the latest installation techniques from around the world. Many of our installers who are independently qualified Landscapers, Arborists and even Builders look to Gecko’s training regime as ‘cutting edge’ which in turn provides our clients with quality class product and installation and promotes our confidence in issuing our high level guarantees.
Research & Development
Gecko’s ongoing research and development places it at the forefront of the industry. Our determination to develop new grass yarns and methods ultimately provides the market with better systems, products and greater value for money.
Some of our recent innovations include:
Cricket pitch Cover System
“Finally, a complete Cricket Pitch Cover System that’s convenient, mess free, and takes 2 men less than 1 hour to apply or retrieve!”
Gecko’s unique patent pending hydraulic system makes OH&S issues with cricket pitch covers a thing of the past.
View more information on our Cricket Pitch Cover System®
View our project case studies:
Ideal for balconies, patio areas and also trade shows, Gecko’s tile mat offers a point of difference to exhibitors. A solid product that eminates a natural or green focus, this product ensures that your display remains fresh and attractive for the duration of the show.
View more information on our Turf Tile Products
Playground Soft-fall System
Gecko’s Rubber Soft-fall provides a SAFE & DURABLE surface which will dramatically reduce the chance of injuries whilst providing an attractive play area for children…
View more information on our Soft-fall Playground System™
Every product in the Gecko range is tested to ensure that it can withstand the rigours of the activity for which is was intended and also for it’s ability to deliver the anti-fade outcomes possible for harsh Australian conditions.
Whether it be a synthetic lawn around the home or a football oval at your club or school, there is no compromise with quality and you can feel confident that you are receiving the best product available on the market today.
Gecko’s head office and showroom are located in Pakenham, a town just east of Melbourne, Victoria. Our qualified installers travel right throughout Victoria, Tasmania and Southern NSW. For other regions within Australia, supply only options are available and recommended installers have been established in some locations to support customers purchasing products through us.
The company has been operating since August 2006 and has established itself as a market leader of Synthetic Grass, Rubber and Acrylic Surfacing. Much of our current work originates from repeat business and word of mouth referrals and our extensive portfolio of project case studies and customer recommendations is testament to our commitment to providing customer service excellence, premium products and services, professional installation and ongoing customer and product support.
The diverse nature of our company divisions ensures that Gecko is able to offer it’s customers complementary services to ensure continuity of service and the latest in product technology and trends.
Our product range includes:
- Premium Synthetic Grass
- Sports Grass
- Acrylic Surfacing for Sports Courts
- PU- Sport® Surfacing for Indoor Training Facilities
- Rubber Wet Pour – Soft-fall
- Synthetic Grass – Soft-fall
- A range of rubber products and sporting accessories and equipment